Intro to New Media Studies, Spring 2008

last reading

April 14th, 2008 by · No Comments

Though The World-Wide Web was one of our shortest readings, I truly felt like I gained a better understanding about the basics of the web. Also, the format in which the article was presented allowed for concise summaries of the headers, which was a great way for someone like me who is not very computer savvy to understand the complicated computer/web. I was particularly interested in the first line: “The World-Wide Web (W3) was developed to be a pool of human knowledge, which would allow collaborators in remote sites to share their ideas and all aspects of a common project” (792). This original idea still holds true for the internet today, even though the use of the internet has expanded out to everyone and is used on a broader spectrum. To think how much research, both for personal interests as well as for professional reasons, is done by internet is incredible, and that truly was the original thinking behind creating a World-Wide Web. I enjoyed reading about the definitions of the all the Acronyms and what they mean, like URI’s etc, but I’m not sure I will ever feel like I need to use that knowledge; but who knows!

Original post by econway8

Tags: Uncategorized